Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect various types of information from and about you on the Websites, including:
- “Personally Identifiable information” or “personal information”, which is information by which you may be personally identified or contacted, such as your first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone numbers (including mobile telephone numbers), or any other identifier by which you may be contacted offline or online. Personal information also may include information that is not personally identifiable standing alone (for example, your travel dates) but is when stored with personally identifiable information (for example, your travel dates together with your first and last name). Many pages on our Websites can be visited without providing any personal information. On other Website pages, you may be prompted or invited to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as to join our mailing list or to receive brochures or other promotional materials about PENDRY-branded developments or other offers that may be of interest to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The personally identifiable information we collect on or through the Websites may include:
- Information you provide by filling out forms on the Websites. This includes, for example, information you provide when you sign up to receive emails, offers or other information, email us or our properties through the Websites, submit a question or report a problem with our Websites, submit a Request for Proposal, or submit a form to plan a wedding at a The Pendry property.
- Information you provide to enter and participate in sweepstakes, contests or promotional offers.
- Records and copies of your correspondence and submissions, including email addresses, if you contact us, our properties or our service providers through the Websites.
- Information you provide in response to surveys.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through the Websites and the fulfillment of your order.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
As you navigate through and interact with the Websites, we and our service providers may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and Other Technologies, to collect certain information, including:
The information collected automatically does not include personally identifiable information, but/ we may maintain it or associate it with personally identifiable information that you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from affiliates or other third parties.
- Information about your visits to our Websites, such as traffic data, logs, page requests, search terms, the referring page, the time, date and duration of your visits to our Websites, clickstream data, other communication data, the links that you click, your search queries, and the resources and content that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your Internet connection and computer or other devices used to access the Websites, including your IP address, operating system or platform, browser type, mobile identifiers (such as Apple IFDA and Android Advertising ID) and the name of your Internet Service Provider.
- Information about traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the Website, and visitors use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Website.
COOKIES & OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your computer or device when you visit a website, if your web browser or device settings permit. Some cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted when you close your browser (session cookies). Other cookies are not deleted when you close your browser, but are saved on your computer or device for a fixed period of time or until you delete them (persistent cookies). Each time you visit the Websites the server that set the cookie will recognize the persistent cookie stored on your computer or device. Various types of cookies may be used on our Websites, including:
Other Technologies also may be used on the Websites, allowing us and our third-party service providers to: track customer response to our advertisements, Website content and emails; determine our users ability to receive HTML-based emails and to know how many users open an email; allow our service providers to compile aggregated statistics about our email and advertising campaigns; enable us to better target advertising and provide offers and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you; and enhance customer support and the usability of our Website.
- Cookies that are necessary for the Websites to work and enable you to navigate through and take advantage of our Websites and their features.
- HTTP request header information in order make our Websites function correctly and to personalize content presented to you, better understand how visitors use our Websites, and how we can better meet your needs.
- Cookies that determine your browser’s ability to receive HTML email messages to determine the appropriate format for you to receive and read email.
- Advertising cookies that allow us and other advertisers to serve you advertisements. Some advertising cookies help us to provide you with content on the Websites that is tailored to your interests and needs. Advertising cookies also enable our service providers and other advertisers serve ads to you when you browse other websites and mobile applications that are based on your apparent interests, including those that are inferred based on your activities across websites and mobile applications and over time. Other advertising cookies may help prevent you from seeing the same ad twice.
- Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Websites and your interaction with our content and advertisements to help us better understand and improve the way that the Websites work and to track and improve our advertising campaigns. These cookies provide us with aggregated information on metrics such as the most frequently visited pages on our Websites, help us understand how our visitors reach the Websites, show us how frequently various pages of our Websites are visited, help us understand whether our advertising is effective, and allows us to see overall patterns of the usage of our website.
- Social Media cookies that show social media platforms whether users are logged in to those platforms. These cookies are set by social media platforms.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Internet-Based Advertising and Other Online Advertising
We may engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors (such as advertising networks and ad servers) in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we believe will be of interest to you. These vendors typically use a cookie alone or with Other Technologies to track and collect anonymous information about your interests during your visits to our Websites and other websites and mobile applications or when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on various websites or on mobile platforms. These vendors use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements across the Internet and on mobile platforms that are tailored to your apparent interests. Advertisements also may be provided to you based on your online behavior (on our Websites and on third-party websites and mobile applications), or based on your search activity, your geographic location or other information. For example, if you visit and interact with our Websites, you may see an advertisement from us later when you visit another website or on a mobile platform. This is called retargeting. You also may see the advertisements for third parties on the Websites, on third-party websites or mobile platforms based on your visits to, and activities on, the Websites, third-party websites, and mobile platforms. To the extent that third-parties are using cookies or Other Technologies for interest-based advertising, we do not control the use of the technologies or the resulting information.
Some advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt-out of ad targeting from member companies. To learn more about interest-based advertising generally as well as your options for opting-out, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://aboutads.info. Please keep in mind that even if you opt out of receiving ads tailored to your apparent interests, you will continue to see ads from online advertising networks. However, those networks will not be able to apply any of your apparent ad preferences and the ads that you see therefore may be less relevant to your interests.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our affiliates may use personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a page on the Websites. We may use your IP address for various purposes, including to: diagnose or service technology problems; determine your general (but not precise) geographic location and to tailor advertising based on general geographic area or other information derived from your IP address; provide aggregated data to advertisers about the volume of use on the Websites; estimate the total number of users visiting the Websites from specific geographical regions; and to track advertising and conversions on the Websites.
We reserve the right to combine personally identifiable information we collect on the Websites with publicly available information or information otherwise obtained from third parties or affiliates. We may aggregate or anonymize information that we have collected for use in connection with interest-based advertising.
- To present the Websites and their contents to you;
- To process and respond to your inquiries, comments, complaints, and requests for information;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To improve the content and navigability of the Websites, or to administer or troubleshoot the Websites;
- To alert you to new Website features, special events, products and services;
- To send you important notices, such as communications about reservations and changes to our terms, conditions and policies (because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications);
- To conduct auditing, analytics, data analysis, monitor and analyze Website traffic and usage, and research to evaluate user needs;
- To contact you about our own and third parties products, services, hotels, real estate developments, opportunities, special events, and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- To conduct customer satisfaction, market research and quality assurance surveys;
- To improve our services and properties and to develop new services, properties and offerings;
- To validate your identity or verify communications from you;
- To send you confirmations, notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages and to otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Websites;
- To protect our rights and the security or integrity of our Websites, properties and business;
- To prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, to investigate and resolve disputes, claims and problems, and to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and our other agreements and contractual obligations;
- For any other purpose that is disclosed to you when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To our affiliated companies (including our parent companies), who may use and share such information for the same purposes and in the same ways as we may use that information.
- To our vendors, service providers, contractors and agents that we use to support our business and properties, including those performing core services such as data processing and storage, marketing, promotion and advertising services (including email marketing, direct mail, and online and mobile advertising), hardware and website support, website hosting, email management, surveys, fraud prevention, debt collection, customer service, administering sweepstakes and surveys, public relations, and security related to the operation of the Websites and the development and operation of our business and our properties operated under the PENDRY brand.
- To our strategic partners offering or providing products or services jointly with or on behalf of KT IP.
- To other third parties to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for example, to provide products or services you have requested.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it or that is disclosed to you when you provide the information.
- To other third parties disclosed to you when you provide the information or with your consent.
- Comply with a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or other legal process;
- Comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of any governmental or law enforcement authorities or to otherwise fulfill a government or law enforcement request for information;
- Establish or exercise our legal rights and to protect and defend the Websites, Website users, KT IP, its affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, property owners, licensors, and partners, in connection with any threatened or actual legal action, claim or dispute;
- Respond to claims that any content on the Websites violates the rights of third parties, including without limitation providing information necessary to satisfy the notice and counter-notice procedures pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act;
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Websites users or the general public; or
- To enforce, apply or comply with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES & THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING
WIDGETS & PLUG-INS
The Websites may use widgets and plug-ins (such as the Facebook “like” button, the Twitter “Follow Us” feature, or similar mechanisms from Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, or other social media platforms), which are interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites to provide specific services from another company. Such third-party features may collect information about you, like your IP address and the page(s) you visit on the Websites, as well as personal information, such as your email address. They also may place cookies or other tracking mechanisms on your browser or device to enable the widget to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the third parties that created them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the applicable third party before using them.
Our Websites are not directed to or intended to be used by individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If we are notified that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information in accordance with applicable laws. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and you believe your child has provided us personal information about themselves, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending us a letter to KT Intellectual Property Holding Company, Attention: Legal Department, 1 Ada Parkway Suite 250 Irvine, California 92618.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information that we store from accidental loss or from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. For example, our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security measures. Despite these efforts, please be advised that no electronic storage, security system or means of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, including without limitation with respect to computer viruses, malicious software and hacker attacks, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information. Unless otherwise expressly stated, email transmissions sent through the Websites are not secure. Therefore, for your own privacy protection, we recommend that you do not include any confidential or sensitive personal information such as passwords, credit card details, social security numbers, or bank account information, in any emails that you send to us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, individual customers who reside in California and who have provided their personal information to us may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personally identifiable information to third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com or KT Intellectual Property Holding Company, Attention: Legal Department, 1 Ada Parkway Suite 250 Irvine, California 92618. Please include the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” Within thirty days after receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year (if any), along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
You can manage your personal information in the following ways:
- Information You Provide. You choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your interactions with us may be impacted.
- Updating Your Information. You may be able to update or correct certain personal information by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us/Questions” section below.
CONTACT US / QUESTIONS